Saturday, December 23, 2017

Oreo - Chocolate Mousse

Using Oreo cookies along with cheese and whipped cream is an easy and quick way to make a perfect dessert. Wherever I find Oreo cookies I start preparing cakes, mousse, or milkshakes. I am excited to share this Delicious simple mousse recipe with you all and this is perfect for the weekend retreat.


 This is layered with chocolate and whipped cream with paired of crumbled Oreo cookies. What could be better than whipped cream cookies and creamy dessert? This is an absolute Oreo whipped cream dessert with mouthwatering chocolate flavor. 


This is one of the recipes which I learned from one of my friend from Kerala. They usually prepare this recipe in their home during Christmas. When I went to her home for Christmas, she served this delicious one to me and I just loved it. 

I took this recipe from her and tried at home, I was not able to get that taste at the first time and didn't get proper layer as well because the measurement I took was not that accurate. The second time I prepared it was very tasty and thereafter every time I prepared I could get a better taste and now I can prepare it better than my friend.




Sometimes homemade whipped cream doesn't come out well and that can spoil your recipe. Hence I always recommend using ready-made whipped cream that is extremely fresh which is just opened. Always refrigerate whipped cream to get chillness before us

Always use Hand mixer while preparing this recipe as you will get the proper thickness of creams. You won't get proper thickness if you use hand to whisk. For crumbled oreo cookies you can use a mixer/food processor.



Cuisine: French | Preparation: 20 minutes
Serves: 3-4

Ingredients:


Oreo cookies           -  15

Grated chocolate     -   1 
Milk                          -  1/2 cup
Whipped cream       -   2 cups
Cocoa powder         -   2 tbsp
Powdered sugar      -   1/4 cup
Water                       -    1 tbsp
Dark chocolates      -    4




Method:


  1. In a mixer/food processor make sugar into a fine powder and add crush the oreo cookies into crumbles and set aside (don't grind oreo cookies into a fine powder).
  2. In a pan, add milk and chocolates and let it warm a little in the low flame until you get a thick paste.
  3. Take another small pan, add cocoa powder and water. let it boil by stir hand and mix well. (keep stirring).(it comes out like chocolate sauce).
  4. Mix this cocoa powder sauce to boiled milk and chocolate mixture, and make a thick paste and keep it aside
  5. Now take a large bowl add chilled whipped cream, powdered sugar and mix it with a hand mixer until it turns into cream, it may take about 7-10 minutes.
  6. Now divide this whipped cream into half and keep it aside.
  7. To assemble the layers, use a pastry bag or a medium-size spoon. 
  8. Take a decorative glass, first, add a layer of crumbled oreo cookies, second add chocolate- milk- cocoa sauce paste, third add whipped cream using cone/pastry bag. Repeat the same 3 steps again so you will get 6 layers. Once done with six layers add grated chocolate on the top (on top you can use crumbled cookies too).
  9. Oreo chocolate mousse is ready now, refrigerate it for 30 minutes before serving.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...